Top Tips for Tablescaping by Petra PalumboByPetra Palumbo
Based in the Scottish Highlands, Petra Palumbo is a sustainable homeware company, designing patterned, long-lasting, high-quality products with an environmental conscience.
Petra is also a curator who creates artistic settings that are both visually stimulating and unique with an acute attention to detail. Mixing colour, cultures, techniques, pattern and prints, the old and the new is the common thread that runs through her work.
Where are you writing this from?
My dining room table at home in Scotland, it’s become my makeshift office…
What or who inspires you at the moment?
The NHS nurses and doctors and all key workers who are sacrificing so much to help fight Covid. They are simply amazing and awe-inspiring.
How do you start your day?
Large cup of coffee with oat milk, emails followed by morning ablutions and then a long walk by the river
What are your favourite accessories to use when laying a table?
I love printed placemats and napkins and of course, fresh flowers.
Imagine you were hosting a party: Which 3 HOPP Suppliers would you choose and why?
I would plan a casual late-lunch BBQ in a garden with friends, I’d love to use Blistering Events to serve the food and drink, and then have the Sax Man play in the evening to turn the bbq into a small dance party!
What are your 5 top tips for styling a table-scape?
- Make an effort, no matter what day of the week it is, to set the table nicely as it will instantly enhance your mood and experience.
- Mix and match - Don't be too precious about matching everything - it's far more liberating and fun.
- Flowers..they always add beauty to the table.
- Using beautiful glassware - I think is the finishing touch to any table setting.
- Details - it’s the small things that matter, putting butter in a little dish or ice for your drinks into a lovely glass bowl. These things don’t go unnoticed and instantly elevate your table.
HOPP’s favourite pieces from Petra Palumbo:
Crystal Tumblers: Daisy Crystal, Strawberry, Emilie Rose Bud, & Old Lace Rose Bud - £24 each
To order check out the website: HERE